This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in Him.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Unbelievable News

Let me start of by saying a few things about Papa


He has kept an R72 John Deere lawn mower 20 years
He has kept an Echo weed eater for 22 years
He has kept an Echo blower for 22 years
He has kept a Coleman trailer for 28 years
He has kept his 1966 Ford truck 39 years
He has kept this house for 40 years
and then there is ME
He has kept me almost 61 years.

Something real strange happened this past week. He bought a BRAND NEW Echo blower. I do hope he is not planning to replace everything. If he does, I'm in trouble since I'm the oldest thing he has.

It was real funny this afternoon when he was showing the blower the Chris - Chris said where did you get that and Papa said at Home Depot. Chris said, "You bought it new?" He almost fainted. So you all better watch out. He may have only just begun.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Papa is truly a Patriot. He has seen the need for spending in the economy and said " Hey, Im not waiting for any silly economic stimulus check." You are a great American Papa!!!

sara jackson said...

Good for you, Papa!! I hope you will buy Ma a new addition on the back of the house too!!!!!!!!!!!!She would be thrilled.

sara jackson said...

Good for you, Papa!! I hope you will buy Ma a new addition on the back of the house too!!!!!!!!!!!!She would be thrilled.

MJN6 said...

I guess his money has finally started burning a whole in his pocket after all these years!!! I think it is great. If you run out of things to replace we have plenty of things up her that need replacing. Ha Ha. Love MJN

Unknown said...

I like that new blower. It worked great over here today. Now it's time to get Ma a new floor and a New Counter top!

chesedb said...

So, if he's buying NEW stuff what is he going to do with all the OLD stuff that's marked with a "W"? I wouldn't worry too much about him replacing you, Ma. He knows which side his bread is buttered on...