This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in Him.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Song for the Day


The Haven of Rest

My soul in sad exile, was out on life’s sea
So burdened with sin and distress,
‘Til I heard a sweet voice saying, "Make me your choice,"
And I entered the haven of rest.

I yielded myself to His tender embrace,
And faith taking hold of the Word,
My fetters fell off, and I anchored my soul,
The Haven of rest in my Lord.

The song of my soul, since the Lord made me whole,
Has been the old story so blest
Of Jesus who’ll save whosoever will have
A home in the Haven of rest.

I’ve anchored my soul in the Haven of rest
I’ll sail the wild seas no more;
The tempest may sweep o’er the wild, stormy deep
In Jesus I am safe evermore.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, He is the only one who can calm the seas! Please pray that he will calm the stormy seas in Chara's life. I love you!

Summer said...

Amen, sing on sister :-) Love you!!