This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in Him.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Home From My Journey

My "Walk to Emmaus" was a wonderful experience. 72 hours without TV, camera, ipod, radio, and cell phone. 12 hours of NO TALKING. That alone was a Blessing. Try it sometime. During this 72 hours there were many inspirational talks. Grace Grace Grace. I think the one that touched me the most was the one on Prevenient Grace. I had not heard this expression before. So if some of you like me have not heard it, the word prevenient means going before, preceeding. And Grace is giving us what we don't deserve. The gist of the talk was how God's Grace goes before us and draws us to Himself. When we are not aware of His directions, He is guiding us. I looked back on my life and saw so many many times God's Grace brought things or people into my life that prepared me for the things He wanted me to do in life. As a little girl I always loved children. Whenever there was a child around I was right there playing with him or her. Little did I know at that time God's Grace was preparing me for all these precious Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren I now have. The love God had given me for children just flowed right over into these grands and greats. And it has been and continues to be a journey of joy, fun, and hope for the future. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God's Prevenient Grace is working in the lives of these grands and greats. He is going before all of you preparing you and calling you to receive His love. Going before you preparing you for the work He has prepared for you to do. His plans for you are good and not evil. Even now you older ones should be able to look back and see God's Grace in your life. I certainly have seen it and continue to see His watchcare and protection over you. Thank you God for your prevenient Grace

4 comments:

sara jackson said...

Glad you had a good time.

MJN6 said...

I am so glad you got to go. Love you. MJN

Aunt Sarah said...

This is a Test

stephanie said...

ma...can you email me so i have your email address. so that way i can invite you to read my other blog. i will warn you it is some sad stuff but i knew you would be able to pray more specifically if you knew what was going on! thanks!